Sunday, May 9, 2010

Standard 2: Skill and Fitness Based Competence

:Physical education teacher candidates are physically educated individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to demonstrate competent movement performance and health enhancing fitness as delineated in the NASPE K – 12 Standards:

Artifact: Snowboarding instructor at Song Mountain in Tully, NY.

Date: 2009-2010 winter season

Reflection: I was able to teach kids ages 3-11 beginner snowboarding skills at Song Mountain. I found this to be so rewarding because I love the sport and growing up in Central New York provided me with so many opportunities to use my gift. To be a snowboarding instructor at Song Mountain, all future employees had to undergo a series of trainings and also had to know the different progressions for how to teach kids the skill of snowboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment